KTM on 6th December 2019 announced the launch of KTM 390 Adventure at the India Bike Week, marking the brand’s entry into the emerging adventure motorcycles market in India.
The KTM Adventure 390 has been conceptualized to address this trend and has been purpose-built for adventure travel while being a great ride for city use as well. The bike includes an upgraded suspension with 170-mm of wheel travel at the front and 177-mm of wheel travel at the back, knobby tires for off-road use, 200-mm of high ground clearance, extendable windshield, and a protective bash plate.
Visually similar to the championship-winning KTM-450 Rally, the bike derives much from KTM’s legacy in Rally Racing in terms of chassis, profiling, and several specs such as a larger fuel tank, ergonomics, and wind protection to ensure a steady, safe, and easy ride in corners and on the street. The is aimed squarely at motorcyclists who desire a bike handle short and long tours alike, traversing tarmac roads as well as all kinds of offroad stretches like gravel, slush, water crossing, or sand. The bike builds on the versatility of the KTM 390 Duke Engine – A state-of-the-art DOHC single cylinder head technology, derived from KTM´s high-performance race models and electronics such as EFI and ride by wire, results in 43 horsepowers and 37 Nm of torque.
The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) controls a host of electronic aids like the lean-angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) which allows for better traction on dirt & loose gravel surfaces, Cornering ABS which provides for a safer and sharper ride through the twists, Off-road ABS for better braking on low-traction surfaces, and Quickshifter+ for smooth clutch-less up and downshifting, all nicely displayed and relayed by the full-color TFT display. These aids work seamlessly to ensure a feeling of optimal control and come into play in the trickiest of the situations.
- State-of-the-art DOHC engine with electronic fuel injection and ride-by-wire throttle response delivering 43 hp Power & 37 Nm Torque
- Lightweight steel trellis frame with KTM’s signature die-cast, open-lattice swing-arm offering precise stiffness, and excellent flex characteristics
- 43 mm open-cartridge upside-down WP APEX front forks with 170 mm of travel
- High-quality gas assisted WP APEX rear shock having 177 mm of travel with progressive spring and preload adjustment
- Twin channel braking systems featuring cornering ABS & Off-road ABS by Bosch
- Motorcycle traction control with lean angle sensitivity
- The multinational dashboard with full-color TFT display is bright and clear.
- Fuel tank: 14.5L
- LED headlight and LED daytime running light.